This is a Hopkins & Allen auto ejecting top break small framed five-shot revolver, chambered in .32 S&W. Hopkins & Allen started out as the Hopkins & Allen Manufacturing Company in 1868, started by a group of men, most of which were already partners in Bacon Manufacturing Co. and Continental Arms Co. Both companies ceased operations about the time Hopkins & Allen were founded.
In 1874, Charles Converse, who owned about one-half of the company, sold out to Merwin Hulbert & Co., who were already the sole distributor for Hopkins & Allen. Merwin Hulbert later went bankrupt, and Hopkins & Allen followed in 1898, but was reorganized as the Hopkins & Allen Arms Co., which in turn went out of business in 1914. The revolver retains about 75% of its original nickel finish, but is missing some parts.