Now that I have finally escaped & gotten my Pension. Here is a few things that I have observed about the Job.
- It is one of the toughest jobs that you will love & hate at the same time.
- There is no magic tricks to make it easier!
- There are may folks getting paid to be a teacher. But there are actually very few of us.
- The Kids stay the same. You however get older every year.
- The Administrator is not your friend
- There is a lot more to the job than most folks think there is.
- We get blamed for all of Society’s problems
- A lot of us have a SECOND Job so that we can pay our bills.
- A lot of us die soon after retiring
- You need to have the Patience of Job, The toughness of a Drill Sgt and the sense of humor of Robin Williams.
- The clock starts to go backward near final class time
- You will always not have enough work for the kids to do! For the last 20 minutes of class.
- Your Supervisor will always show up when your class is at its worst.
- A Real Veteran Teacher knows when the next School Holiday is coming.
- Sadly quite often you are the only Responsible Adult that your students know.
- You will know that you are doing a good job. When one of your students ask for your advice on something outside of School time.
- You will know also that you are doing a good job. When your classroom is not trashed but other teachers rooms are.
- You will see some really wonderful stuff and some other things that will burn your soul.
But the last thing that I shall leave with you on this subject. Was the biggest surprise to this Cynical and very Skeptical Old Fart of a Teacher.
Was that now that I am retired is that I kinda miss my Thugs. Crazy huh?